With more than 8 million people living in New York, there are a number of options for the singles in the city to find a date. Many romanticize dating in New York with the idea of “Friends” and “Sex in the City” However, the reality is not as glamorous as shown in the shows. If you are wondering where you can meet singles in the city, here is where you should be headed this weekend.
- Dating websites: New Yorkers are busy people. It is not possible to go out looking for a date in the wee hours of the night. This is where online dating plays its part. It has become possible to find a date by simply swiping right on your smartphone. A dating website can spare you the hours of traveling and will show a number of prospects in your neighborhood itself. There are many dating sites frequented by singles.
- New York City Singles Bars: Head to the singles bars in the city’s vibrant bar scene that attracts a bustling crowd of daters. You can immediately dive into the dating scene by buying someone a drink. Visit some of the top listed bars in the city to meet your date in the happening and vibrant environment.
- New York City Speed Dating: If you are pressed for time and have no patience to hop from one bar to another, you might want to try speed dating. Through speed dating, you will be introduced to dozens of local singles and in a small conversation you will know if you want to keep talking or move on to someone else. If the chemistry is right, you might want to exchange numbers and meet for a real date.
- New York City Singles events: If you are a party lover, a singles event will be the best place for you to meet your partner. Singles events can include smaller meet ups at cooking classes, gyms, intimate gatherings or potlucks. It could also mean participating into special themed events around a particular passion or hobby. You will get a chance to meet a lot of people in a casual atmosphere. If nothing works out, you can loosen up and enjoy the gathering.
- Go to the park: New York is known for the green spaces and the huge parks. Escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a day in the outdoors. Central Park is the perfect example of the same. It has so much to offer to people and gets them engaged and smiling with one another. You can also head to the Brooklyn Bridge which is a waterfront park with a carousel, beach, gardens and sporting events. You can make new friends here and hang out with singles. You might hit it up with someone who loves a baseball game as much as you do. Choose a hangout spot based on your personal interest and get the opportunity to meet hundreds of singles in the city.