ARTICLE WRITING GUIDELINES
Show us your perspective
What makes stories so compelling are the personal experiences. So use them to bolster your message. Just make sure that message hasn’t been elaborated by other contributing blog-post authors. Additionally, when writing tips, giving out advice and explaining certain concepts, make sure to know who your readers are. Always have your target audience in your mind when expressing your experiences or tackling certain issues.
The article title should summarize the problem you are going to analyze and resolve. It needs to be concise, on-point, and engaging. Put to practice these following points in order to create a more SEO friendly article title:
- Title word count should be between 6 to 8 words.
- Feel free to use powerful adjectives, such as amazing, essential, and surprising. They can make or break the readers’ decision to delve deeper into your article.
- Formulate the title into a question to indicate you will teach the readers something new (optional).
- Use numbers, especially if you have a list or are handing out tips (optional).
- Include keywords in the title – phrases or concepts that you will use frequently throughout the text.
Length: Article length is 600 words minimum.
Introduction: The first sentence should carry your unique message that you will later elaborate throughout the text. Keep things conversational, feel free to ask questions that you will give answers to, and find ways to intrigue your target audience to continue exploring. The last sentence of your introduction has to convince the readers they will learn something new.
Body: It is optimal to divide the article into 3-5 parts, each with a unique heading. Paragraph headings need to reflect your argumentation that will reinforce your final statement.
Conclusion: Every story needs a culminating ending. Summarize your message and provide the reader with key takeaways.
You are allowed to insert up to 2 in-article links. Make sure they lead to pages associated with the topic of your text. After we publish your article on RomanticRelationships, feel free to add a link to it on your website or social media.
Word of advice: Guidelines are not strict rules you have to adhere to. Think of them as tools to help you navigate your writing better. And remember to have fun when writing!
Please contact us via email and tell us your title and submission date when you decide on your topic. Once finished, either send us an email with your article *.doc format for revision or share a Google Drive link of the file with enabled editing options. State your full name and title in the file name.
Is this your first time writing for Romantic Relationships website? If so, please send us the following so we can present your author profile to our readers:
- Full name (or pseudonym).
- Short biography (3-5 sentences).
- Links to your website and/or social media (optional).
- Headshot image in jpg. format at a minimum size of 600×600 pixels (optional).